Poor Addy, she is sick. We were supposed to head up to St. Louis early this morning to have Addy's new set of ear tubes placed and her tear ducts probed. She was pretty crabby Wednesday afternoon and evening and started running a fever yesterday. She also had a mild cough in the afternoon. I called Children's to see what we should do, her temp was 100.4. They contacted anesthesiology to see if we could go on with surgery. They called back to let me know that if her temp stayed under 100 then we could go ahead with surgery. At 7pm her temp was 101 :( then she started having really yucky stool. Fortunately we always have spare specimen cups on hand so I went ahead and gathered a sample. We were getting pretty nasty storms last night and I was woken up around 3am. We planned on leaving between 330 and 4 am to make it to St. Louis on time, I guess my body was just ready! I went ahead and took Addy's temp, it was 101.6 so I gave her some Tylenol and a little bolus of water. G-tubes in the middle of the night are real life savers, she never even woke up! She coughed and stirred a little through the night but not major. I called St. Louis at 6am to let them know we needed to cancel :( Fortunately Scott was off of work for the surgery so he could take Addy into the doc. I really needed to be at work today since we had to miss last week for Leasha :( Scott took Addy in and she has a right ear infection. Her lungs sounded clear but the doc said he could have done a chest xray to see if she has pneumonia but the treatment would be the same. Addy's pneumonias have never been heard, they have always had to be seen. They did send her stool for testing, I'll probably get the results of that tomorrow if they find anything. Hopefully that's nothing. So Addy started Omnicef today and her surgery has been re-scheduled for May 6th, really hoping for no more illnesses!
4 comments:
Poor babe! I hope the antibiotics do the trick quickly and she feels better soon!
Wow, everyone seems to be sick, feel better soon!
Its seems like they always get sick right before a surgery! Get better soon miss Addy!
Poor little sweetie.. I hope that she gets better soon. Prayers are coming your way!
Post a Comment