Friday, February 19, 2010

DownsEd Conference

I went to Kansas City yesterday for a conference by DownsEd. It was sooooo informative! I left so inspired and excited about things I am going to do with my students at school and especially excited about the things we are going to do with Addy at home! All of the speakers were from the UK (I really want to talk like them!) and they have a center that solely works with children with Down syndrome. They have their children reading at age 2!!! Yes, reading! I ordered Addy this

and this!

I am so excited about them coming! You have got to go check out their site, I am soooo excited! Did I mention that already??? I ordered them this morning and already have email confirmation of the shipment!!! I ordered a few other things too but I am most excited about these kits. I am also going to order some Jolly Phonics cards and start a program with her on that too. I was amazed at the videos I saw of these kiddos, it was wonderful to see!

I also got a call from Dr. Tummy's office yesterday and her x-ray was abnormal. It showed distention and air in the belly (no kidding!). So he ordered an upper GI and small bowel study. She is going to have it done on Monday morning. I'm hoping they figure something out to help her poor belly!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I hope they can figure out her tummy problems, they can be so nasty!

Kim said...

Those looks pretty neat! I'll have to go check out the site. Hope those tummy problems get better too!

Shelly Turpin said...

I hope they can figure out her tummy issues - they can hurt! Poor thing. You have me all excited about these materials. I need to go check them out

Mandy said...

What a neat site! I wish you were our boys' therapist!
Hope Addy is doing well and things will get figured out.