Friday, February 27, 2009

Nursing


I am very happy to report that the past three days have been awesome for Addysen! She has two nurses that are caring for her. One comes M-Th and the other on Fri. Let me just tell you that this little girl is so blessed! They both adore her (how could you not???) and I am so comfortable at work knowing that she is being very well taken care of. They are able to administer her meds and do her breathing treatments and I know that everything is done correctly and on time since I have it in writing! I am still hoping that she can go to daycare two days a week but I haven't heard back yet.
Addy had her first OT session since January 30th today. Delene (her OT) said that she did really well. She even wore her AFOs during the entire session without too much distress! They were on for a little over an hour and her nurse said that when they came off there weren't any red marks from irriation at all. That's good!
I am suffering from a major head cold! It started yesterday and I felt horrible last night. I am a little better today but so bummed that I am sick. I have washed my hands more times in the last month than I have in a very long time and I get sick. I don't think it could have anything to do with being totally exhausted and stressed out for the past three-four weeks do you?
Scott headed to St. Louis tonight to meet up with his friends for a computer weekend. He wasn't going to go since I am sick but I told him he needed some relief too and I will be fine. So I am a single mama for the weekend and plan on being a bum. I do have to work for a couple of hours tomorrow morning at an indoor garage sale but that's not a big deal. We are expected to get 4 inches of snow tomorrow too. It was over 70 degrees yesterday! You gotta love the Ozarks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put a note on your front door "come back on Monday." I hope you don't get any worse and start to feel better by this afternoon!!

I'm so happy to hear that Addy's nurses are doing a great job. I bet that's such a relief for you and your hubby.

Wonderful news!!